add_a_writer was created to provide a network for writers alike. The best muse comes from others of like minds when you're at war with writer's block or when you're simply looking for the right word to etch. All writers from nonfiction to fanfiction are welcomed.
Please understand that this is NOT a community to display your work for the sole purpose of getting critiqued or read, nor is it a community for writing discussions. This is a friend-add community for readers and writers.
(1) Be courteous - if you're going to display your work in your self-advertisement, please have it behind a lj-cut or supply a weblink to it. Self-portraits are allowed.
(2) Announcements pertaining to writing communities/websites are now allowed, however it may only be posted once a month. No large graphics please.
(3) Please do not post anything outside of self-advertisement posts and community announcements.
(3) Respect all members of this community.
Remember, this is not a community to have your work critiqued. There are other very lovely communities for that.
Violaters will be given two silent chances, a ban will then be enforced without warning.
* Please make use of the LJ Tags available. It'll help potential readers/writers find your entry based on the tags you choose as time goes by and your post disappears from the front page.
* Although our community has no age restrictions, consider add_a_ya if you fall somewhere between the ages of 12 to 18. Writers are often more comfortable writing and reading material with those their age.